Saturday, February 14, 2009

25 Random Things I Love About My Husband

David and Kimberly

1996


1. He has always put me first.


2. He lets me figure things out on my own.


3. He is the pancake maker. I hold my breath and hope the kids want pancakes for breakfast, knowing David will be the one cooking that morning.


4. His Grandma is one of his favorite people. He talks to her often, thinks she's very wise, and worries about her.


5. He enjoys a hard days work. One of our favorite things to do is tackle a heavy duty project together and share a beer after.


6. He loves my cooking, but is OK with a bologna sandwich if that's all we have.


7. He chose the right career and likes to go to work, no matter how hard times are.


8. He notices when I spend a long day cleaning and comments on how nice the house looks.


9. He always thinks I look better than I think I look.


10. He makes the coffee in the morning and has a cup waiting for me as I stumble out of bed.


11. He cleans the toilets in our house and they are almost always clean. I just need to ask. He even does a deep cleaning where he removes the seats and soaks them in bleach.


12. He loves music and has exposed me to artists I never would have known otherwise.


13. He has good friends from all walks of life.


14. He is self made. He worked hard, from the bottom, up to a very successful career.


15. He loves my family like his own.


16. He has a sweet tooth and buys the treats in our house. I know if I send him to the store with a list, he'll add ice cream to it.


17. He has the most incredible blue eyes. They're almost unreal. I love that Camryn got them.


18. He knows when to make the kids a priority and takes them to do something special, just the three of them.


19. He sees the good in people easily. It takes a lot for him to go to the "dark" side.


20. He has NEVER criticized me in any way.


21. He is not stubborn.


22. He has stopped to help a stranger on many occasions. He's always aware of his fellow citizens and willing to lend a hand.


23. He tries to attend every school function he can. Sometimes he's the only Dad.


24. We would be just fine at Waffle House for Valentine's Day. There's no one else I'd rather be with, no matter where we are.


25. He gave me the greatest love, our kids. I'm so glad they're half him.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly,

    Have a great Valentine's Day. Can you send me your email address? Or just email me at lmselke@yahoo.com. I have a few questions (for a friend) about your medicial stuff in 2007.

    Thanks,
    Linzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kimberly!! That was great! Sounds like you are 2 lucky people to have each other and the kids are very fortunate to have their parents love each other so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this today on Facebook and loved it! Elizabeth is soooo right - you guys are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete