Sunday, January 10, 2010

Images of the Heart



Whew, this post has been a long time coming, and quite honestly, so has this wedding. It seems as if Grace and Ethan have already experienced a lifetime together, both growing up in Memphis, attending the same church, sharing the same friends and both graduating from Auburn. They share a deep history, a strong faith, and many, many, many people who love them.


The wedding was last weekend and since getting home, I've been working hard at downloading, cropping, and reviewing pictures, trying hard to decide which ones captured the beauty of the celebration.


There are none.


The images that stand out in my mind weren't captured in my camera. They were captured in my heart. Here they are in "a thousand words".


Grace's flower girls meeting for the first time and raising their little hands up to touch, palm to palm.


Grace and her Dad walking down the aisle at rehearsal, her dearest friends, family, and Ethan soaking up her unadorned beauty.


Camryn seeing Grace in her wedding dress for the first time, mesmerized by the real princess.


In the keeping room, before the ceremony, Grace on a stool, her gown flowing around her, her bridal party surrounding her in prayer.


Grace's Mom, holding her hand, and thanking God for her Grace.


Grace's friend Effie, singing during the worship service. It was truly the most beautiful, spiritual, uplifting performance I have ever heard.


These images have come back to me so many times in the last week and the love we experienced in those few days will remain with David and I.


Some beautiful things can't be captured with a lens. Those are the times we need to put our cameras down and just revel in the moment.


I'm not surprised I didn't have the picture to do this wedding justice.

As far I know, they don't have the technology to catch the beauty within our hearts.

I don't think I have the words either.




No comments:

Post a Comment