Sunday, March 1, 2009

Snow Birds!!!

We have surely lost our wings since we've flown south! When we heard snow was coming, we were afraid to hope it would happen. When we woke to snow falling, we were all excited. When we tried to find appropriate clothes, we realized the kids had outgrown almost everything. When we finally made it outside, we froze our tails off!! There's a frenzy to take it all in before Thursday. Forecast- 72 degrees and sunny! Thank goodness for hand-me-downs and our little snow bunny.
Let it snow!

She's not cold (yet).

Snow Buddies.


Frosty , alive and well in Alabama!







Camryn's first encounter with a real live Snowman.



Our house, pretty as a postcard.



Enjoying the morning coffee, neighbors, and a winter wonderland
I thought I'd never see in these parts. Thank you Mother Nature!


Sweet ending....chocolate, hot chocolate!

4 comments:

  1. How cute are they! Your snow bunny is precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Camryn looks adorable. Aidan looks so tall. Looks like the whole fam enjoyed the snow! And, you don't have to freeze for too long. 72 on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Hey, maybe YOU brought us all this good luck from the north!! And I know what you mean about not being able to find the appropriate clothing.... we were in pretty dire need of some gloves & hats ourselves! Macy went out in crocs and soon realized that her feet were getting pretty soggy pretty quickly. Glad you had a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fun wasn't it! I'm like a kid myself!! I woke up at 6:30 just as it started and tried my best to wait till the ground was covered and I had the appropriate clothes ready before I got the kids up. I got them up at 7:50. I could hardly stand it, those minutes crept by waiting to get them up for the surprise!!

    ReplyDelete