Thursday, May 21, 2009

You are My Sunshine


Every Wednesday morning since August of 2008, Camryn and I have been working our way toward last night, her very first recital.

I say "Camryn and I", because it was a "mommy and me" class, meaning that I was also in the recital along with the other Moms. We were more like animal trainers on stage, just prompting and poking to get the little two year girls going in the right direction. I have no idea how cute they were. It was over in flash. Every minute spent preparing, was worth sharing this experience with my daughter and she loved every minute of it. In reality, it was worth it to see her in her costume feeling like a real ballerina, literally walking on her toes from the minute she put it on . The performance was just icing on the cake.


Backstage , waiting for their turn in the spotlight.


My first "bun", a requirement for all ballet students.



Lining up to head to the stage.



The anticipation is too much.




Waiting for their curtain call, all pressure off.


Bonding with her dance buddies.
Cracking herself up!


Making silly faces.



Making Libby's face silly.



Getting flowers from Aidan.


Aidan was so proud of her!




Or maybe he just wanted some attention.



She couldn't wait to see her Daddy after the show. And yes she waved from the stage!!


Do I look tired?? My eyes were so bloodshot from the backstage hairspray, that the "red eye" fix on the computer turned them blue. That's what happens when you're in a room with forty girls under the age of six. I think I better get used to this. I danced until I was fourteen. Thanks Mom! Now I know what you went through and I know how much you loved it.













No comments:

Post a Comment