Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Aftermath
















Thirty-seven jellybeans, hundreds of rainbow colored foil scraps, a handful of half eaten candy bars, and green plastic grass stuck on my feet later, I think I've taken the upper hand on Easter.


Last year I wrote a letter to the Easter Bunny asking him not to bring all those little cheap toys next year, and thank-you, he listened. One big toy each kid has been begging for. He didn't get the memo about the candy though. Don't get me wrong, my kids love candy and I have no problem with them eating it. The problem is, I love candy too. I never buy it for myself, but for some crazy reason that Easter Bunny brings all my favorites. Thanks Easter Bunny.

All in all, it was a beautiful day. My kids have grown so much since last year. I couldn't get them to care about coloring eggs last year and this year, they fought over who got the last one in the dye. Camryn looked for her own basket this year and Aidan seemed to tower over all the little egg gatherers at the egg hunt. He's almost as tall as the Easter Bunny.

As we were getting ready for bed Sunday night, Aidan wanted to know what the next Holiday was. Something to look forward. For some reason, Memorial Day didn't thrill him. I know my vacuum is happy, although there's something to be said about smelling cotton candy every time you turn it on.

2 comments:

  1. Right there with ya on the candy. Today I finally said, "NO MORE, AMANDA!" I hope the kids will gorge themselves today so that I won't be tempted any more! Glad you had a great Easter. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh...u have one beautiful family!!!

    ReplyDelete