Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Aidan is Seven

We finally pulled it off. Aidan had more than three people (not including restaurant staff), sing Happy Birthday to him on his actual Birthday. From his reaction, I think he was overwhelmed with emotion at the enormity of it. We've always worked hard to make his Birthday special, but due the proximity to Christmas, it has never happened on the day of his birth. Thank you to all our friends who took time from your busy schedules to join us in song. We truly enjoyed ourselves!! I was even blessed with one of those priceless moments that remind you why it's all worth it. Aidan came into the kitchen during the final preparations for his party and said (in these exact words) " Mom, thanks for all the work you've done for my party. I know it's been a lot of shopping and cleaning, but I really appreciate it. I know it's going to be great". I'd do all over again for you Aidan. You're the best!!

He got a Lego set and a scooter from us. We hope he doesn't break his leg before Christmas!

Here is the Birthday song with 24 voices strong!!

Oh yeah, the cake was homemade, not as light and fluffy as I hoped, but the kids and I still ate it for breakfast this morning, another tradition in our family. Yes , even cake tastes better the next day!

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly - WOW I sometimes can't believe the technology.  Grandma and Grandpa would be blown away.  You sound so happy and the kids look great.  My girls will be here tomorrow so I'm having a lonely Christmas Eve.  Lots of great memories though.  Miss you and love you.  Keep posting and including pictures as I will check back.  Somehow through this you don't seem so far away.  Love to David and the kids.  Aunti Di Happy Birthday Aidan !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete