Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Air...

That's what we've been doing ..
getting some air, taking a breather, slowing down to smell the coffee.

We went to the Montgomery Zoo and watched the animals, who all had Spring fever (if you know what I mean). I think the kids even got a little sunburn it was so nice out.






We spent a day exploring the Tuskegee National Forest, had a picnic in the woods (which David packed all on his own) and enjoyed the total peace and quiet of a simpler time. As Aidan put it-"getting some nature air in our noses".
It's been a week of reflecting back on what this year has been for us, both good and bad. We've been working on our resolutions, ones that are realistic and unselfish. Aidan will have chores for the first time, Camryn is potty trained, I'm cancer-free, and maybe David will use all his vacation time in 2009. I'm definitely working on that one. If anything 2008 has taught me, it is that time is priceless, you can't get it back once it's spent, so spend it wisely. David, the kids and I will toast in the New Year together and there's no place else I'd rather be. So... cheers to living your best life in 2009. We'll be right behind you!!




No comments:

Post a Comment