Monday, January 5, 2009

Bonus Day



It's here. That last day before the kids go back to school, my last day with Aidan home, my first day with David back to work (since 12/17), my last day working overtime. With two extra bodies, I mean "dear loved ones", in the house, everything is more work. Four opinions for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Making sure four people eat breakfast lunch and dinner, or at least two of the three. Days with hours of opportunity to change clothes, make messes, make plans, make fun, make LOVE, (forget that) too much war over everything else. Plus there's golf to be played. I'll breathe a sigh of relief tomorrow when Aidan gets off to school and Camryn and I settle into our old ways. But today I want to focus on Aidan. It started out great. Homemade pancakes for breakfast, Aidan dressed appropriately for the weather. You see, Aidan has a habit of wearing a long sleeve sweater when it's 75 (and cloudy) and a T-shirt and shorts when it's 55 (and sunny). What do you want to do on your last day home? Make cookies? Go to the library?


See a movie? Ding-dong, doorbell rings at 8:30am. I haven't seen much of him since. I can't believe he doesn't want to spend his last day with me, then I realize he's as ready for things to be back to normal as I am. He needs a little less attention, a little more room, a little less Mom. So I let him go, just let him be. He'll come home when he gets hungry (although unlikely because a sweet neighbor Mom will feed him). In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my own bonus day. Hope all you Mom's are too! Note: The picture of Aidan is because he thinks there're too many of Camryn. Gotta make things even.

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo ready for school to start. Kimbell is too. He gets very restless.

    Mommy's nerves need a little break.(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, I cannot believe you gained 80 lbs with Aidan. I met you when Aidan was 3.5 months or something, and you were in a bathing suit (in the hot tub at Keith's). You must've lost weight pretty quickly! I have had a very difficult time losing the weight. I have about 15 pounds to go.... (15 mos later!). Good job sewing -- adorable! I would love to learn to sew (maybe quilt) someday. I would love to get a sewing machine with an embroidery mechanism. Anyway, hoping you are enjoying your first day with just Camryn! (And, yes, it's nice being near the ocean -- however, as you might remember from Punta Cana, I don't like sand. :) ). You guys should come visit us soon.

    ReplyDelete