Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Things to Make You Smile

Yikes!

Have you ever been taken aback by a sight in your own house? This just made me laugh out loud. I was letting dough for pizza rise and boy did it ever. There is a dish under there somewhere!
RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS
(The names in this post have been omitted. They're not important to those of you who aren't neighbors, and the rest will know who I'm talking about.) This morning. I sent Aidan off to the bus all bundled up for the 20 degree temp. I watched him lallygag down the sidewalk, but he looked cold. Our little neighbor girl came out to make her own way to the bus. This girl is older, wiser, and hurrying to get to school.
As she approached Aidan, they had a little conversation and then she stopped, turned toward Aidan and zipped his jacket up the rest of the way, the way a loving parent would do, not a ten year old girl. I was so moved, my heart was warmed. It was such a small gesture, but in my eyes, a huge show of caring. I only hope my kids treat their peers in the same way, when they don't think anyone is watching. This girl's parents should be proud. She's growing into a fine young lady and I was lucky enough to see it this morning. Please pass it on in your own actions.

4 comments:

  1. Awww that is sweet!(:

    Love the dough picture...reminds me of the 10 extra lbs I have on my rear right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julee,
    I'm right behind you. Who do think ate that big hunk of dough, smothered in cheese and pepperoni?
    (last night for dinner and today for lunch)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, even I the hater of all things potty humorish, think that is hilarious. (Not really potty humor though is it, just big bu** humor) which I understand all too well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So not potty humor. Hilarious though! I couldn't figure out what it was!

    ReplyDelete